Monday, July 25, 2011

How it all started

A long time ago in a city far, far away. I was frustrated because I couldn't find the fantasy book that had everything in it that I always wanted. So the idea came to me that if I couldn't find it then I would have to write it. That was more than 12 years ago. I went and bought myself a 5 stars notebook and started putting ideas down for what my perfect fantasy book would have in it. Thats how it all started as a hobbie, I have always loved inventing fantasy type things such as magic rings, spells and such. My brother and I use to play D&D as kids and we decided to create our own role playing game. I created all of the spells and magic items. While he worked on monsters and character races and classes. I know, I'm a big nerd. Inspite of the stereotyping. I also love the outdoors, playing sports and have a beautiful wife. I just happen to love all the nerdy stuff too, or as I see it. I love everything awesome. I am also a great shot with a .45 hand gun, machine gun, shot gun and anything else that can blow something up. lol. Anyway, my beginings with writting were just the desire to create something that I would like and the ideas just kept coming to me ever since then. I have worked just about every job known to man I think, in my persuit of trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and having that other world in the back of my head all of these years really helped me get through some of the hardest times in my life. Like when I was in the Army  in georgia and I was standing outside in formation with my platoon in the middle of summer with my nose touching a hot metal dumpster. Ahh, good times.  The dream world is still alive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment